Strawberry Field Rules
These rules comply with the requirements laid down by the New Forest National Park Authority & the Site Land Owner.
Helicopters, Multi-Rotor Drones & FPV flights are NOT permitted.
Planning consent was granted by the New Forest National Park Authority for flying, “Electric powered fixed wing silent flight model aircraft & gliders & for no other use purposes, whatsoever” and for parking for 10 vehicles in the designated area and no more than 4 planes in the air at any one time.
The disciplines & site usage are very sensitive. We are closely observed for breach of consent. Observation of noise levels & No Flying Zones are of paramount importance. Models should be as silent as possible, some noisy ducted fan planes & some ‘pusher’ models may not be allowed.
The No Fly Zones, pits area, etc. are as shown on the Site Plan displayed in the white ‘Signing in Box’.
Care is to be taken when flying over the adjacent field to the North containing horses. This Field cannot be entered to recover planes accidently landed in this area without the consent of the owners. See 9 below.
We have the permission of the Landowner for use of his land providing it does not conflict with any of his other uses, i.e. car boot sales, caravans, other events. Members will be notified of any such restrictions. Present restriction is the Car Boot Sales held during the summer on Sunday & Wednesday mornings, the field is available for flying from 3.00pm when the site has been cleared.
It is essential we have to be self-policing policy in Club’s & neighbour’s interests. All members have a personal responsibility to maintain standards by advising other pilots, in a pleasant inoffensive manner, if noise levels are considered to be excessive, particularly if a plane is straying over a No Fly Zone. Any persistent excesses or problems should be reported to a committee member.
This is a Private Site. Only C&DMFC members and guests may use the facility. Guests MUST be accompanied by a member. The fee for a guest MUST be paid and is the responsibility of the member to ensure payment.
- If the gates are locked, then unlock and open the gates. Drive in and lock the gate shut behind you. The combination of the lock will only be advised to members.
- From the entrance turn left and then right to the parking area by the left hand side of the barn. Your car should be no further from the road than the far (Toilets) end of the barn.
- Unload in the car park and carry models etc to within the pits area marked with white posts.
- There is a white box which holds a signing-in register, located just below the site fee box on the side of the barn. To open the box you will need a gas or electric meter box key. The register is in a weatherproof bag. Please write the date, your name and the time you arrived at the field. Two pencils are supplied for writing the above (pens don’t like cold weather).
- Check the Site Plan in the ‘Sign In’ box for any updated information.
- Put book back in bag, replace the bag and lock the box.
- Place the appropriate fee in the site fee box before flying.
- The site plan shows fields to the North where thoroughbred horses are kept. These fields are not to be entered without the permission of the owner. The owner lives in a white house (see plan) which is accessed by taking the first left (signed Sway) off the A337 to Brockenhurst and then taking the first track on the left. Note this house is not the one that can be seen near the A337.
- If confronted by anyone who is not a member, talk to them calmly and responsibly. If there is an unresolved problem ring the owner (contact details in Sign In box) and advise him immediately. Then ring a Committee member.
- Last member to leave please ensure the box is closed & locked.