Christchurch & District Model Flying Club
General Data Protection Regulations
At the Christchurch & District Model Flying Club, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who join the club by whatever means, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and your rights in relation to your personal data.
By becoming a member of the club, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email via our Web Site to the Membership Secretary.
We obtain information about you when you apply to become a member of the club either online with the British Model Flying Association (BMFA) and/or via your application form, telephone, or in person.
What information ?
The personal information we collect will include your name, contact address, email address, home and/ or mobile telephone numbers, membership number of other clubs, BMFA number & method of membership payment.
The legal bases for the processing of your personal data is to enable the club to fulfil our contractual obligations and provide membership services.
How is your information used ?
We may use your information to:
- process your membership;
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership;
- Retaining your information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to carry out our obligations in relation to your membership, or as long as is set out in any relevant agreement between us. Where an individual persons club membership lapses your information will be securely kept for a period of two years, after which your information will be deleted.
Access to your information
We will not sell, rent or share your information to or with third parties.
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the club unless we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
We have a Club Google site firstname.lastname@example.org which is an internal facility to contact other subscribing members. You can join it through the Contact Us page on this website
Access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You can check the information we hold is correct via the Web site, Membership Secretary.
- The right to access;
- You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data we will supply to you a copy of your personal data by request.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- The right to erasure;
- In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data being no longer necessary in relation to your membership. You are no longer a club member and wish the data not to be held for our standard two year period.
Please note a request for data erasure for a current member would require that member to forfeit membership. The data is required for the club to fulfill its obligations.
- The right to object to processing;
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct electronic communications purposes (Emails). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose. The club is obliged to notify members of certain events, e.g. AGM & EGMs.
- The right to data portability;
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is that the processing is necessary for the performance of your membership contract to us.
- If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. https://ico.org.uk
- the right to withdraw consent.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal, but would terminate your membership of the Club.
- You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us
Christchurch & District Model Flying Club addresses, Officers & Committee are shown on the Contact Us page.